HybridZ

Which Set up Single Turbo or Twin

Guest VangVQ35DE

Guest VangVQ35DE

i need your help deciding which set up to go with. i have a 2004 350z touring package. should i go with the single turbo or twin turbo. do you guy know any legit website that sells good turbo kits. what other mods that i would gain with little money put into it. thank you

my350z.com is a good one for shure I had a 05 with greddy twin turbo,plenum, bigger injectors, return fuel system, turbo xs controller, I highly highly sudgest www.forgedperformance.com when I bought my kit he shipped fast always answers the phone, and knows the 350z better then most, all he does is installs on g35 and 350z and has great shop. I pushed mine to 510-515 hp with stock internals drag raced ever week and basicly drove the piss out of it with no problems... I like the greddy kit for power but I think the aps kits probly have better quality and bb turbos but the greddy has external waste gates. I raced a single turbo 350z and obviously it was not the same as a tt z. It is one of the funnest boosted cars I have driven, but it gets pricey fast! prepare for a clutch, aftermarket engine manangment ect. its just a matter of time before you will have spent 10 g's. good luck !

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a GReddy kit on my old 350Z and it put out 350+ at ~5.5 psi. Just be sure to pull the motor to install it. It's faster. :wink:

Make sure you get the header/turbo/wastegate bolted together correctly with good gaskets and you crank then down and use a bit of blue loktite.

I haven't personally used the APS kit for the 350Z but I have a lot of experience with them and their stuff on other cars. I personally think it's overpriced, too heavy and sometimes has some glaring flaws and poorly sized turbos. On top of that, they are downright jerks to deal with. They hopscotch dealers in the USA because most can't stand them for very long.

On top of that, you are in California, so you can probably throw a stone and hit someone that sells GReddy and spec's in Z33's.