HybridZ

mikelly or anyone with t-56

stony

Yup, works fine! The Autometer has a programmable speedo. Take the car out and pace off a mile, punch a button, and it's done. It will give you a pulse total as you go so if you know how many pulses you need for the distance you can just go by that. In my case I used a GPS to pace off the mileage and my speedo is now DEAD ON accurate. The Autometer speedo is the way to go - get one with th eLCD odometer too BTW, it's NICE! They've got some indiglo units coming out too - I'd love ot have a set of those :(

I used a VDO electric speedo in mine and their sensor, and I was told by folks at VDO that the general motors sensor is the BEST unit to use for accuracy. I will be running the Autometer that Jim has when my car is back together.

Mike bonk.gifbonk.gif

Guest Anonymous

I agree, it works great. I think there are two signal varieties (they are just pulses, not sure if its square waves or whatever), Autometer in they're instructions covers it pretty well and as I recall they have two hookups depending on what you have.

As Jim mentioned the calibration button works really well, no more squeeky cables and you can change tires and wheels recalibrate and boom your done, no messy gear changes.

Regards,

Lone