HybridZ

Spark Issues (yes i searched)

To start off..

I have a 1983 n/a 280zx with a 1981 turbo motor installed (cas bolted on front of the engine)

I got a turbo harness for the car, installed it but i'm running into alot of issues and none of the writeups that i've found seem to answer my probs. I figured i'd ask you guys before i started hacking wires and probably screwing something up.

Alot of my wire colors are different than the writeups i've found and pretty much all of them have a 6 prong ignition harness and mine has 8.

Also for example most of the instructions say to look for the black / white striped wire near the yellow one on the ignitor but nothing matches color wise on my harness.

I'm assuming i have a 82-83 harness and ecu.. Are there any threads i've missed that may help me? This is really starting to get under my skin lately and I really want to get this finished.

Any constructive responses would by much appreciated.

I didn't know Autozone had this much reference material. Thanks!

But ... I glanced at the diagrams for my 73 and there are errors, such as the inclusion of a "cooling fan (early models)". I don't think any 240Zs came with electric cooling fans. I'll guess that the diagram is from a later model so just be careful not to put too much faith in these if they don't agree with what you see on your car.

ok,

after poking around some more i may have found an issue.

My engine has the crank angle sensor on the front of the engine and my harness is a 82-83 style where the distributor has the crank sensor in it.

Am i gonna have to get a 82-83 turbo dist and remove the cas on the front of the block or is there a way to wire all this in to make it work?