HybridZ

3.1L blueprints

sorealsosurreal

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=152

Check out that link...their dished pistons are supposed to give a lower comp. for turbo applications.

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt43033/pd858312/KAMEARI_L6_METAL_HEAD_GASKETS

And with Kameari's 3mm head gasket should give a lower CR. I didn't even know they made 3mm head gaskets till I went on their website.

I know this is late in the game, I was searching for something else and came upon this post.

In regards to your research of a gasket, I had trouble finding one to suit my stroker project, and when I was building it I hadn't seen or heard of the Kameari product line yet. The only one I could find was the Nismo gasket, but it was too thick and would have effected the CR for my build.

The problem for me was to find a gasket that allowed the overbore for my 3.1 AND cover the positive deck height that the 240 rods created with the pistons. The head had been milled slightly to make a good gasket surface (along with the block) so it also changed slightly the overall volume, and I was left with a deck height of -.020. I even contacted Cometic Gasket but they talked me out of paying them for custom gaskets after I had already shipped them the Nismo for a template because they can only make solid copper gaskets, which for a street car they told me would not last. It had something to do with the constant heating and cooling cycles over time would eventually cause it to leak, versus a race engine that would probably change their gaskets routinely. At least they were good honest guys there, they could have just done what I asked and let me deal with the problems down the road.

What I ended up doing was buying the Nismo gasket and took out a layer to make it a little thinner so it ended up to be almost .060. I wish Kameari offered those nice cusomizable gaskets when I was losing sleep over this. I have the Data Sheet I can post or email to you, but I will have to try to scan it onto the computer first. I can do that tomorrow if you are interested. The specs are all in inches but you can convert it easily.

Basically, I have the N42 block, P90 head, flat top pistons (ceramic coated), which the spec sheet spit out a 10.461:1 static compression ratio after all the measurments were made. Fooling with the gasket thickness is a nice way to manipulate the CR when all your other parts have been purchased.