HybridZ

Bolt on camber plates

hey guys, i have just received my cosmo racing coilover setup for my z. i know i can adjust rear camber by using some new bushings, but i am still hung up about how to adjust the front camber. obviously there is camber plates, but all of the ones i can find are weld in. is that really the only option? i find bolt in ones for the 280zx and 510, but no s30. does there exist a set of bolt on plates for the z?

is the only option to get the EMI Racing Camber Plates from beta motorsports?

i am open to hear any thoughts.

yes i have searched, very few topics on the matter when i searched "bolt on camber plates" and they were fairly old. maybe something has come out

and for those that have welded in plates, how hard is that to do?? could a shop easily do it and for cheap?

hey guys, i have just received my cosmo racing coilover setup for my z. i know i can adjust rear camber by using some new bushings, but i am still hung up about how to adjust the front camber. obviously there is camber plates, but all of the ones i can find are weld in. is that really the only option? i find bolt in ones for the 280zx and 510, but no s30. does there exist a set of bolt on plates for the z?

is the only option to get the EMI Racing Camber Plates from beta motorsports?

i am open to hear any thoughts.

yes i have searched, very few topics on the matter when i searched "bolt on camber plates" and they were fairly old. maybe something has come out

and for those that have welded in plates, how hard is that to do?? could a shop easily do it and for cheap?

Go to http://www.zraceproducts.com and send Jerry an email with your request. He has several sets of bolt in camber plates, but be aware you still have to do some cutting in order to install them.

Dragonfly

Or check out these guys - camber and caster bolt in - no cutting required

http://k-mac.com.au/pages/newprods/datsun/datsun.htm

I have a set (but my car is still in bits) for the fronts only and they will give me enough adjustments for my requirements. The 240z/260z/280z items is 1/2 down the page and the pic is rear unit without caster adjustment (and positive camber adjustment to correct too much neg on a lowered S30 chassis)

There are bolt in available from Ground Control also. In addition, you can use offset bushings in the lower control arm. They are available from MSA.

If the car is for street use, offsets work pretty wel. If you are autox or tracking the car you may want to consider plates.

You may want to spend some time reading the strut thread. There is wealth of information on camber adjustments and how to deal with coilovers, etc.

BTW, I like John's camber solution but you need to consider overall shock travel when calculating spring/strut lengths. YMMV

I have a set of the Ground Control bolt on camber plates on my 240Z.....nice units but, adjustment is limited to a select set of threaded bolt holes and thats the extent of camber adjustment. If you don't mind cutting and welding on your chassis, the variable adjustment style camber plates are certainly the way to go!

Tom