HybridZ

Put the solid u joints in ging to trac friday

Guest 1fastz

1fastZ, inboard or outboard? If you've never broken an inboard, I wonder if Darius' set up with a CV inboard would be of any benifit. Not saying he doesn't have the solution, but curious if he has ever put his through a 1/4 on sticky tires. Otherwise a custom made set of stout u joint 1/2s still might be the answer. I'm looking into cost.

JS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest super280z

im embarresed to admit it, but i actually looked at the latest edition of Turbo mag and it had a 7 sec Z32 tubbed and doing it on an r-230 w/custom axles. hope this helps.

Guest super280z

yeah Scottie i know but it was cool to see it working for a car in the 7's i still cant decide what i want to do. got a vette IRS lined up, 8-3/4" mopar, i'd rather not do the 9" just cause i couldnt handle the grief my bud's would give me :D or just weld up a r-200. sounds like im gonna have to go q-45 hunting now..

The problem with the 'vette IRS is that the half shaft is a locator for the suspension, and if you break a half shaft the car gets squirrly since nothing keeps the whole thing from wagging. (I broke a half shaft clip in the diff in my '84 and it did all sorts of weird dances. Quite spooky) That's why NHRA won't let IRS go faster than 11.00 becasue Corvettes were the only IRS vehicle that was drag raced for a long time. Hopefully you can figure out a way to beef up the stock setup.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1fastz

I am puting in a r 230 just need to find a 3.54 one and get half shafts etc made..

only way it will survive I fully exspect to see lownines high8s with that setup and a transbrake and the full 400 shot of nos..

I have some time now because of a ratherbad engine fire aka i need a new distributor and noskits and carb