HybridZ

Part # for JTR drivline adaptor

z ya

Someone on the board awhile back posted the part

# for the adaptor to the driveline. Well I went to

the local driveshaft shop and they had the part #

. Well, the one I got will fit the R180 but not

the 200. It has the 2.25 pilot but it has the small bolt holes and tighter 4 hole pattern that

bolts the drivline to the flange. Does anyone know

the Neapco part # for the the one that fits the

r200? I think the one I got has # 599 in it???

Guest SHARKMAN

I asked about the neapco parts number quite some time ago but never got any reply. But I found the info I was looking for in my own files. Go to WWW.zhome.com/rnt/v8.html . And you will find several things of interest. Look at number 4 drive train and you will find it. It does not say if it is for r180 or r200 . I'm hoping it will fit my r200. If this part won't fit then I need to find the right one just like you. Let me know if it works.

Guest Anonymous

According to the conversion article, the conversion flange is : NEAPCO 2-2-899-1. I am posting the part # to see if it is the right flange for the 200. Since I will be needing one shortly. Any one know the correct part #???????????

I bought the 2-2-899 recently ($41 ouch) It's NOT the right part. It uses the tiny datsun 1210 series U-joint, not a 1310 series GM joint. I never did take that thing back. I think one that might be close is the 2-2-459. Michael Ol bought the yoke from JTR and it sure did look like the part number on it was 2-2-459, although it was hard to tell.

On the Spicer web site for flange yokes:

http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?DSD~dedsec~3~

Select Series 1310 at the top and press select. You'll see that it lists a 2.375 Pilot. But the one on Michaels part was 2.25.

Anyway, that part number 2-2-899 is NOT what you want.

OK guys, I looked at my adaptor and the part number is 2-2-459! Hers the thing, it has the

2.25 pilot and the 1310 joint size cross but

it has the small bolt holes and tighter bolt

pattern that blots it to the yoke. It work perfect

with my R180 but will not for the R200! I am going

to the driveshaft shop right now to figure this thing out!!!!!!!!!

OK, Here is what I found out. My dad has the JTR

adaptor and it is the same as mine 2-2-459! What

is needed is a ROUND yoke from an 280z. I have the

box shaped yoke on my 200 and it is WRONG! Also

you need one that has the 8mm holes and not the 10

mm.

I got an R200 from a 75 (which is a guess) 280Z and it had the square pinion flange. Won't work with the adapter. I also got an R200 from an 85 200SX turbo which does have the round flange that works with the JTR Neapco adapter. Perhaps 280ZXs have the same round flange...?

Guest Anonymous

Zya...................If you cannot return that conversion drive shaft flange, I will buy it from you. I have a 200 diff. with a round flange out of a 2+2 with automatic that I bought years ago for a 510 project. I figured (for some reason) that the 2+2 diff with auto had something like a 3.9 to 1 gear ratio. At this time , I have no idea what the project car has except a 200 (with 5 speed 3.54 ?). When I was driving it there was this unknown origin sneak upon on you sound that promised to worsen especially from abuse (u-joints or rear end). I planned on replacing the rear end anyway.

Originally posted by ljohnson:

According to the conversion article, the conversion flange is : NEAPCO 2-2-899-1. I am posting the part # to see if it is the right flange for the 200. Since I will be needing one shortly. Any one know the correct part #???????????

I wrote that article on zhome.com about 6 or 7 years ago. Here is some background on the part number I mentioned in the article. I a local driveline shop (Drivelines North West) made my drive shaft at the recommendation of a local Z shop (Z-Sport) that had done several V8 conversions. I asked Drivelines NW which flange they use and that is the number they gave me (NEAPCO 2-2-899-1). Several years later, I changed transmissions and needed a new driveshaft. I went back to the shop and again used this same part number for a new flange on the driveshaft. The flange I have uses the Chevy U-joint and bolts up to a 280Z R200. Its interesting to me that this number isn't working for other set-ups.

Paul

Guest Anonymous

Paul.... a very good article that I placed in my favorite file. There is one thing that I have found if it is mechanical something will fail and numbers and parts have a way of changing over the years. I went thru a night mare in locating a Camaro radiator from part numbers and a myriad of dealers and discontinued parts. I got so confused; I went for a Griffin with known dimensions that may fit? I have not seen it yet? at least, I see that this flange may not be a picnic but I may have to pack a large lunch in search of it.

Just go back from pick n pull today and I got the

right yoke. I came from an 76 2+2! The funny part

was that it was a square yoke! What I do know is that all of the 75 models used the 2.0 pilot and

had 10 mm holes instead of the needed 8mm.

i used the yoke with the wrong bolt pattern for my r200.

i took the yoke to the machine shop and had the holes enlarged to fit the new pattern, i have the larger u-joint but with the driveline place i could not find a yoke that would work complete for the r2 big bolt yoke. i was more concerned with large ujoint than bolt pattern

Guest Anonymous

There is a companion thread... R 200 Swap by: madmanadam which chronicles the frustation that can be encountered in R200 differential flanges and adapters to chevy drivelines.