HybridZ

HELP getting my R200 tomarrow

Guest kc6wfs

Guest kc6wfs

Here is the scoop.

It's a R200 3.90 with the mustache bar. $250.00

He says in my 73 Z I do NOT need anything else.

After reading several threads here it lools like the size on the half shaft flanges are 1/4"(?) different?

Am I correct here?

Is this guy correct?

Help.. going to go buy it tomarrow.

Thanks.

Dave

rockon.gif

Make shure the R200 comes with the side axles. Do your 1/2 shafts bolt to the R180 with a 4 bolt flange? If it does then your 1/2 shafts can be used in the swap and bolted to the R200 side axles.The front mount is the same for both differentials. The R200 mustache bar is flipped around so it is behind risers not in front like the R180 mustache bar.

Dave...

The half shafts should bolt up the same, at least they have on all the cars I have messed with. (2 '72 240's, 2 '73 240's, a '75 280 and a '78 280.) The R180 has the "bolt on" units that contain the stub axle seals. On m7 '72 I grabbed the mustache bar and diff from a '78 280 and used the stock '72 driveshaft, halfshaft and rear curved crossmember.

Guest Anonymous

damn , $250 sounds kind of expensive, i picked up my r200, mustache bar and halfshafts at a local junkyard for $50. where are you buying yours?

Guest Anonymous

$250.00 is expensive for a 200 rear end but maybe the gears and your location demand this price.I have found a use for the Victoria British catalog to identify suspension parts especially the 180 and 200 differentials.They have good diagrams

Guest kc6wfs

It was out of the local news paper.

I have decided to pass on his deal, and going to wait and look around for something better.

Thanks for everyones input!!!!!!

Dave

cheers.gif