HybridZ

HP to Weight Ratio

I just did a 2 day NASA track event at Sebring last weekend. As I watched all of the Vettes, Porsches, and Mustangs fly past me I wondered if I could ever be in the same lap time arena as those cars.

2350 lbs/185rwhp = 12.7 lbs per 1 hp.

185rwhp/6cly = 30.8 hp per cylinder.

How do these numbers compare to other cars?

I think it is way different then the cars I am grouped with.

What cars have similar numbers to our Zs?

I am assuming it would be the cars that SCCA group together in ITS.

I even had a group of Thunder Roadsters in my group. Very cool cars.

As soon as I get the video up I will post.

Tom

im with ya. for the nasa hpde, "its not a race", at least that is what they pound into us but it sucks getting passed by everything. i have a 2+2 which is worse than yours. the only thing that i hang with is an old stripped out rx7 with slicks. i get passed by everything else.

vettes are about 400 rwhp and weigh roughly 3300# = 8.2# per hp.

for a z to do that you need about 300 rwhp, very easy to get to with a turbo. plus you weigh less so you can brake later. this would get you to drag race the vette down the straight. you can out brake but it may out handle the z. plus driver ect. at least it gets you in the passing game.

jimbo

I have auto-x'ed for several years. My car is relatively fast but is on par with fast drivers in stock corvettes or average street prepared cars or even well prepared civics with a very good driver. Usually within a second or two of FTD. This year I have run two high speed autox's which are basically just like normal autox but on a rear racetrack. I quickly realized that horsepower is key on a big track. The low powered cars that would be close to me in a normal autocross are WAAAAYYYY back on a full track. I mean WAAAYYY back - like 5-10 seconds. JohnC would probably disagree but this has been my limited experience. One particular car set new lap record and wiped up on the field. It was as Lotus 7 with a LS3 - 1600 lb and 480 hp. For reference I drive to the track and change tires and are way under springed and under prepared and my first day on a track ever I was within one second of ITS lap record and I was going from a standing start vs a flying start!!!

Cameron