HybridZ

JTR fuel lines reroute

I noticed in the JTR book it says to reroute the fuel and brake lines, I imagine this is because with spacing the motor towards the passenger side the tranny gets too close to the lines but I have RHD and space the motor the opposite way so I wouldn't have to do this?

I didn't relocate mine at all. We did put a metal shield over them to protect them however.

Think of it this way. Would you rather be 4" further away from a fire or behind a wall?

I took my brake line to the right front caliper that crosses the firewall and runs down the right front frame rail and ran it from the brake pressure differential valve (the one with the electric plug) and ran it down the left frame rail and across the back side of the front cross-member. Here are the pictures that prompted that decision. http://www.v8-240z.com/files/Datsun/Brake-Line-Information/ In the picture the brake lines come out the bottom of the differential valve and the MC goes into the top. That is reverse of factory but works as well and is much cleaner.

The line to the rears leaves the pressure differential valve and goes down the drivers side tunnel inside the car where I have a proportioning valve installed.

I took my brake line to the right front caliper that crosses the firewall and runs down the right front frame rail and ran it from the brake pressure differential valve (the one with the electric plug) and ran it down the left frame rail and across the back side of the front cross-member. Here are the pictures that prompted that decision.

Nice and clean installation. Where did you get the new lines? I'm planning to do the same since I need more room for a turbo down pipe that gets close to the stock front brake line.

PaulR

Nice and clean installation. Where did you get the new lines? I'm planning to do the same since I need more room for a turbo down pipe that gets close to the stock front brake line.

PaulR

The line came from a local autoparts store. It's listed as 3/16" Japanese and the nut size is 10mm X 1.0, The tube comes in 8", 12", 20", 30", 40", 51" 60" and 72". I used a pair of brake line bending pliers like the ones pictured below. Bending the lines is very easy with the pliers. Some of the larger radius bends are can be done by hand but come out nicer if you wear a good pair of gloves instead of doing it bare handed.

Pliers_thumb.JPG