HybridZ

Need strut insulators!

Hey guys,

I have both of my strut insulators broken on the rear of my car. MSA has a listing for the parts, but are out of stock for four weeks! Is there another car that uses a similar insulator? MSA wants $380.00 for the insulators, should I go coil-over instead? My welding equipment is out of state, so I would need to farm that aspect out as well. I lost my freaking job with a company car, so I must get my hoopty Z on the road or I’ll be sleeping in it! Time and cost is paramount, with a bias on time…

Changed your title to be more descriptive.

My brother-in-law should have some insulators too. matmorrowATatt.net

Be sure you get the right ones, the early 260 insulators are shorter than the later ones. measuring the height of one of them is probably the best way to go.

now you are looking for the top piece right? the one with the 3 studs? i have some off my 240z, the rears are in great shape...if you paypal me some money for shipping i can get them sent out today. should all fit in a flat rate box that's like 8 - 10 bux PM me

Thanks Bobby,

Unfortunately I have a late 260, in a normal year, it would be considered a 1975. Most of the parts are the same as a 280z. 240z insulators won’t work. Odd that the older insulators seem to be easier to find. I wonder what would happen if I use the 240z mounts…

Guest Gr8White
It would lower the rear of the can an inch and it would look like it was dragging its ass around.

LMAO!!! That's exactly what I was thinking!!.....

You could however get in the car and have a friend take a picture of the car, pretending you are hammering on it from a dead stop and say, "Hey, look how good my car hooks on street tires!" :D