HybridZ

Supercharged z32?

Matt z32

Hello fellow members,

My question to all is whether or not it is possible to supercharge a z32. I own a 1990 300zx 2+2 and just by looking at my engine I know I'm going to need a new intake manifold. I'm curious as to what companies make supercharger intakes for the z32 and which ones are recommended. I would also like any information as to what is a good supercharger to run and how much boost I could run. Correct me if I'm wrong but its my understanding that the non-turbos come with forged internals like the twin turbos and if they don't can I get away without replaing the internals?

It's possible to supercharge anything. Whether or not it's feasible, practical, or affordable is a completely different story.

The simplest method for you, I'm guessing, would involve a pair of turbine-driven superchargers. Nissan even equipped an engine with just that setup which fits your car. ;)

More seriously, I have the feeling that you'd be blazing a new trail looking for a belt-driven supercharger on a VG30DE. And even if you aren't ... I don't want to do the searching. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think th eproble is that the market didn't see fit to develop a bolt on power adder for the z32 since the factory beat them to it, most people simply do the full TT swap, get a frotn cut and get to work

or you can swap in the VQ35DE and have the same amont of power gain without the extra piping, of course with the turbo it's a lot easier to add power and everythign just bolts in, aside form the minor radiator supprt mod

Sounds like you've done your research.:roll:

Hello fellow members,

My question to all is whether or not it is possible to supercharge a z32. I own a 1990 300zx 2+2 and just by looking at my engine I know I'm going to need a new intake manifold. I'm curious as to what companies make supercharger intakes for the z32 and which ones are recommended. I would also like any information as to what is a good supercharger to run and how much boost I could run. Correct me if I'm wrong but its my understanding that the non-turbos come with forged internals like the twin turbos and if they don't can I get away without replaing the internals?