HybridZ

1g-gte A/T ECU for 5 speed?

itsaprothing

I won a 5 speed M/T ECU from a seller on ebay who also had a listing for the A/T version for the 1g-gte and they accidentally switched the orders and sent me the ECU labeled A/T.

I emailed them for an exchange and they claim that they knew it said A/T on it but it came out of a 1990 Supra 5 speed and it will work with my engine and trans.

I emailed back saying that I don't want to take risks and that I just want what they advertised and I should get what they listed and pictured. They promised an exchange but it's been 4 days and so far they are MIA, and it's looking like i'm stuck with the A/T ECU.

I've been looking around doing searches on google and some are saying that the ECU could really care less if my transmission is there or not and that the A/T will work but will put out less HP and run richer. Some are even saying that running an A/T ECU in a M/T car is illegal. There are so many things said about the matter and I really just need to know..

Will the A/T ECU work fine with the 5 speed?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks russjz but it's $50 to join toymods and i'm pretty sure a thread would show if they had an answer from all the google searches i've done.

I am a member of club4ag and toyota3tc, and sasupras and yet still nobody has an answer.

anybody running a 5 speed on any engine with an A/T ecu?

thanks russjz but it's $50 to join toymods and i'm pretty sure a thread would show if they had an answer from all the google searches i've done.

I am a member of club4ag and toyota3tc, and sasupras and yet still nobody has an answer.

anybody running a 5 speed on any engine with an A/T ecu?

I'm running 1J Vvt auto ECU with R154, no problems,all you have to do is over ride neutral start switch,and hook up speedo(cable or electronic??)and reverse switch, if you are lucky ,toyota may have used same plug on 1G-GTE as they did on the 1J .pic's of my plug modification on link to pic's below.

Only an expert will be able to tell the difference between an Auto and manual ECU, just remove the sticker that says its an auto.

I think you only have to pay $50 to be a financial member of Toymods, signing on and using forums is free (used to be, that's Australian dollars anyway, current exchange rate is 50 dollars Australian = 2 flat rocks)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...