HybridZ

Changing Non-Brembo to Brembo Plz Help...

Guest VangVQ35DE

Guest VangVQ35DE

i bought my 2004 350z and it came with the non-brembo calipers. i have some questions to ask you guys. i just bought the stock brembo calipers that came on some 350z from a friend. he gave me 4 calipers and 2 front rotors. the questions that i am trying asking is that are the rear rotors on the both 350z the same size or do i have to go buy the right one? thank you very much for all your help.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but are the Brembo calipers much bigger than the regular ones? My brother's 350 only has the regular ones, but it still seems to stop pretty good.

The brembo's help with brake fade....let me tell you that the non-brembo brakes on a 350Z at the track have some scary fade after about 5-10 minutes.

Rear rotors are the same. The non-Brembo brakes on the 350Z were upgraded from Altima parts to previous generation Q45 parts for 2006. These upgraded brakes are fine for track events and I ran them for over 6 hours of track time last year at the Cal Speedway Roval. I'll be out again 11/23 for the Nissan Performance Festival testing a few other suspension/brake mods to my 350Z.

One thing to watch for with the Brembo setup is pad knockback. Get in the habit of tapping the brake pedal before any big braking section on track.