HybridZ

Custom 2.25' Mandrel Extractors

Whittie

**EDIT** I cant remember what the exact specs are as i had to leave this up to Dad to sort out but im actually pretty sure that they're 2" headers, 2.25" then 2.5" collectors. I could be wrong and ill get back to you on that.

Just picked it up from the coaters today. Tuned length extractors built by a guy here in perth. top quality hand made piece, ceramic coated in silver inside and out to reduce heat loss into the engine bay. Allegedly they'll be cool enough after a run to be able to touch them without burning yourself :o Not grab and hold on, but touch anyways, which is still incredible!

For anyone in WA/Australia i believe the guy has kept a mold and is happy to make more for anyone interested :)

6-2-1, 22" equal length extractors into 2.5" Collector and soon to be built 2.5" exhaust.

Looking for 210ish RWHP after new tune, sporting the new 3.9 diff and fully adjustable cam gear :icon54: Last run was 135 hub kW without cam timing adjustment and with the 3.5 diff. Can't wait till i get the good ole 4.4 back in (after next season) and see what sort of times it does down the strip :D (4.4 diff = 240rwhp)

BTW: Was going to get the Stahl L-6 headers from the states, but with our dollar crash this was a cheaper alternative, hence it won out. One thing that you might note compared to the stahl headers is how much room these things occupy. Obviously these are for a RHD car and so dont have to wander around steering mechanisms or the brake booster.

Engine is L28, F54 block with shaved deck, 0.06" overbore (3.9something litres??), flat top pistons, shaved P90 head, triple 45 webers. 200-220 psi wet and dry compression tests :D Been chasing 'big' power for a while and i am SO close to announcing that upgrades on the car are finished!! its been 4.5 years in the making and i cant wait to get these on and the new t/c rods to replace the ones that snapped and then i WILL be done *giggity*

More pics when it goes on the car (far side of exams, so a couple weeks).

Image003.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image006.jpg

Jesus, they are 'wide' aren't they!

Is it alright to be dumping those two pipes like that into the collector?

Nice set of pipes man! I don't think they'd fit the 'C' otherwise I might be interested.

Cheers :icon14:

Indeed they are wide. I couldn't really think of a better way to put it :P I havent even dropped them in the engine bay yet to see how tight the fit is (skip sitting infront of garage door so i cant get in) but I imagine that he's used most if not all of the available room on that side of the engine. Not that you need to run anything else through there tho :P I don't know the C's very well but i could get some specs for you, such as furthest outwards length at what height once i have them in the car. That or i can just post some pics when its in and you can have a look at it then.

As far as the collectors go: that's what i was wondering. In the pic you cant see into the collector very well but they are guided somewhat. Im told that this is perfectly fine though, and the guy has been making exausts for many years so i spose he's got that behind him. Perhaps its a case of time/cost vs gain not being optimum. I imagine it would take some work to smooth them in together nicely, but at those flow rates, pressures and temperatures, it probably wouldn't be worth enough gain to bother. That or in terms of restrictions in other areas of the exhaust/engine it isn't worth bothering with.

Ive studied fluid flow a bit but i will admit i'm not very cluey on the nuances of engine flow tho so im not sure. I do know that not having a smooth inclination will increase turbulence and hence cause more resistance but perhaps with the flow type (being high flow bursts for short time) that at this point in the exhaust it might not make any difference at all... Who knows...

Nice to see something different once and a while.

I don't know if you're saying either good or bad, but the guy did the whole thing himself specifically for this model car. So it's not some generic thing and hopefully that means they're that much more efficient that other offerings. I guess i'll find out when it gets on the dyno in the next few weeks.

Old vs New pic,

the one on the left is just a standard Z manifold with fiberglass heat insulation wrap. The old non-tuned extractor i had got a hole in it just before last season and the standard was all i could get a hold of on short notice so hence its been on for the last year or so.

P1010061.jpg

**EDIT**

Going a bit nuts with pics, i know, but here are some more after Dad fealt inspired to fit them for me :D

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image013.jpg