HybridZ

Headlight Bucket Weights?

fp280z

Since the headlight buckets also serve as mounting points for my (and most) aftermarket front air dam(s) they tend to get pretty beat up by hitting cones year after year. I was thinking about switching to the metal buckets before mounting my new air dam to limit cracking.

Anyone know the weight difference between the fiberglass and metal Zcar headlight buckets? Or any other prevailing reason to use one or the other?

Thanks.

-Rick

I didn't weigh the original ones or the fg pieces when I installed the but I assure you, the WAS as difference. The fg weighs much less. A pound here. A pound there. It all adds up!

I think you are correct for a serious race car like yours, but the difference between the two is negligible for most purposes. I have had both and think that weight can be managed in other areas. Deleting a radio & speakers, for example, takes a lot more weight off the car. Aluminum radiator, headers, etc, etc, all can be done to lose weight in other areas.

This is strictly my opinion, but if you remove your windshield wipers before a run, you will have more than made up for the difference in weight between the FG buckets and the steel ones.

Davy