HybridZ

79 zx O2 sensor?

Smokescreen

Ok, before everyone slays me for covering ground that has already been covered, let me say that I did use the search feature but I could not find difinitive answers. I appreciate your patience.

1:Does my 1979 280ZX (stock) have an o2 sensor?

2:My car has a few labels under the hood relating to "Non-Catalyst" does this mean that it doesn't have a cat?

• 4 weeks later...

I hear ya. I'm gonna push my way through the suspension set up then go full assault on my power plant.You're a little ahead of me on that count I believe..or alot lol. I sent you a pm.....of course I don't know why since we seem to have this thread to ourselves hehe. I just didnt want to go off topic mid-thread I guess.

It wouldnt be a bad idea put a wideband 02 sensor with a guage in it though, thats what im going to end up doing. Im having issues with the motor missing and running lean now that i plugged the egr and put 2.5 inch msa exhaust on.

are you able to adjust the AFM at all?

i know it's only a small adjustment but it helps, trust me

yea mine was adjusted way lean when i got the car, i thought the PO did it but it happened again so it must be from vibration, any way when it would lean out it would idle fine but it would bump alot. alomst constantly.

now it only bumps now and again which could be caused by my weak charging system a bad water temp sensor or valve timing