HybridZ

almost there (big pics)

Careless

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i swapped my ecu after an injector melt-down caused by my idiocy that caused a voltage reg on my alternator to pound my injectors and other units at 18 volts.

replaced the rail, replaced the ecu, and still had a miss on idle when the throttle was jabbed quickly from full-flat idle to wide-open really quick. spark would cut out.

I got a fuel pump code, primary ignition coil code, and coolant temp sensor code.

coolant temp sensor was changed, so that's weird. fuel pump code? hell if i know, it's gettin fuel nice!... primary ignition coil though... i replaced the coil and the module, and then whilst lookign at my cap/rotor, i found the distributor to be VERY wobbly. the rotor moves atleast +/- 2 or degrees...

that would unsettle the CAS reference and the spark cut-out would be explained if it's not timed properly... I'm giong to replcae it with one that feels better when twisted a bit, and see if it fixes my problem.

Raff