HybridZ

Too good to be true???

Lukaniuk

I was on an online classifieds site last night and I saw a low mileage 1992 300zx (non turbo) listed for $2,xxx.00. I figure that it probably should read $2x,xxx but I email the seller just in case.

A few emails back and forth with the seller and this she tells me

-$2xxx.00 is the correct price (but she's won't go any lower - darn) and oh ya she'll ship it for that price too.

-about 70 000 miles

-went through a divorce, doesn't need the car (she doesn't even drive)

- She want's to use "only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale"

- She sent me pictures, very very clean car.

I want the car bad and the price is a once in a lifetime chance but I'm just wondering if I give her the money through e-bay is there any way I could get screwed with the deal?

Id run her through the ringer first ask for a picture with something off the wall on the hood. Something easy that anyone should have. Just to make sure that the car is real. Also the last time I checked it was almost 2000 dollars to ship a Z from AZ to VA. So unless shes right up the road, I wouldnt expect the cost to be very cheap. There are alot of scams out there make sure you ask lots of questions. I asked a guy one time if he minded if I fly out and drive the car back. Never heard from him again, this was on a newer car that was very cheap.

Anything to good to be true is a scam, I would not do it, period. To me, buy the plane ticket, fly there hand the cash over and drive it home. Get a round trip ticket though. Your seller will likely never show.

It's going to cost at least $600 + to ship. Ask if she will subtract it from te price to meet in person.

I seriously suggest you step back from this and do some research. Start here reading this> http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=red-flags#sect7

Is this what "she" is offering you? > http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/purchase-protection/index.html

There are lots of links eBay provides where you can learn what the red flags are, and this is one extra large red flag to me.... The one way to be sure is to pay in person, payment on delivery.

"I am selling the car at this price because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i owned this car, now as a woman i don`t need it (i don`t have driver license)....We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety."

Almost identical to what she said to me in the email!!!!!! Oh wow! Thats insane!

'she' sent me an email invoice that looks legit e-bay but the email address that it came from was - trading.assistance@financier.com

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to stay away from this scam.

If you want and are very serious about the car, I can check it out for you.. I am in Toronto. I can see if it is a scam! You can pm me her phone or whatever...I wont buy it, but could help you out!

Dayz

I dont know why people even consider this to be legit... why would ebay have anything to do with a sale, not even a women that knew nothing about the car would sell it for 2k, and getting an email from the above address is also a red light... jeez.

Any life changing event recently? You don't seem to be as upbeat as you used to be?

Not knocking, just an observation.