HybridZ

my new 240sx droptop custom bodywork!

1 tuff z

lady decided to turn left, from the right lane [2 lane, one way street] to make, you ready for this? a u turn, where else but...in front of me. i got on the brakes & horn and scrubbed as much speed as possible before hitting her left front door & fender.

i get out of the car, make certain she's ok before i yell "what were you thinking...?". she, of course apologizes for making the turn and that she 'didn't see me' and she's so sorry for wrecking my cool little red car, blah, blah.

so, off to the bodyshop to get the custom bodywork undone...

anyone got a 240sx parts car sitting around?

DSC006452.JPG

I was fearing something worse reading the thread title then "accident" while waiting for the picture to load. I was thinking it would be like an accident I saw in Pheonix where a guy in a Taurus tried to make a right hand turn at the same time the semi beside him was. The trailer quickly turned his hardtop into a convertible.

I'm personally not at all familiar with NY junk yards, but over here I've personally seen dozens of 240SX's in Pic-n-Pull yards. I don't think it'd be too tough to scrounge up some decent sheet metal and plastic, but then again, I'm not there.

lady decided to turn left, from the right lane [2 lane, one way street] to make, you ready for this? a u turn

You should visit Japan and ride in or watch the Japanese Taxi's they do it all day long.

Glad your ok and it's not the Z. Don't tell me your making a D1 Drifter now :)

Dave, not you now..... Did it feel like slow motion? When I hit the tire wall at Mid Ohio, that is what it felt like to me.

You did a great sledgehammer-prybar body work on my car, get to work!

Before Dave's handy work:

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

After Dave's handy work:

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259-1.jpg

completed my 'negotiations' with the ins co. got them to extend the rental car for another week and to come up another 900 on the car [just over 4k] and will fax the title today to complete the paperwork at my end.

gave the bodyshop the go yesterday afternoon as well as ordered a new radiator crossmember from local dealer, found the rest of the front clip from a [somewhat] local person who had converted his convertible to the jdm front end. got fender, hood, headlight assy's, signal lenses, bumper and fender liner delivered [from 1 hr away] for...$275. that part made this affordable.

in about 3 weeks it'll be back on the road.

conveniently enough, next week my father joins my mom in florida and i get the use of his car-for taking him to & fro the airport. he's going for a month.

salvage value, drum roll please...$330. i'll net around $3700 after their check, which is slightly less than what it'll cost to repair it.

so far, hood, r fender & liner, bumper, r turn sig assy, r headlight assy, battery, radiator, radiator core support, r hood hinge, coolant overflow tank, windshield washer tank and probably more once the bodyshop gets it all apart.

funny thing, i stopped by today to take a pic-now the key won't come out of the ign...yet another problem to sort out.