HybridZ

hole pluged where my collnt temp goes, engine swapped, could it be pathfinder motor?

Guest trey11691

Guest trey11691

ok im havin troubles runs rough, pops, looses alllll power when warm wont go over 15mph. i just started doin this. i went to change the coolant temp sensor and cant find it. well i have just looked at a pic of where its supposed to be, and there is a hole with no threads and its about 3/4 inch deep and pluged up. wll i bought the car and the engine had been swapped from another z or so i was told........ it has the Z intake and the coolant temp was never even hooked up. could i have a pathfinder or truck motor with the corect intake????? please help i dont no wat to do!!!!

Guest trey11691

turns out the engine is a maxima, on that model same engine just coolant temp sensor is in the intake! well i got the 300z intake you could see the problem...... i drilled it out, turns out it was tapped, just filled with dirt...... it works! just got timin belt on hopefully runnin tomoro! wish me luck