HybridZ

Mystery diff

morbidsunroof

How would a diff appear "not OE"? Pull the cover, the ring gear will be stamped with the tooth count for ring and pinion. 4.11 might say 37:9 for example. As far as the LSD goes, take a picture and we can identify it. It is very common for Z's to spin both wheels and guys who are used to solid axle cars tend to assume that this means that their diff has an LSD, when that is not the case.

If it is a 4:70 and an lsd then it could be an r190 not 180. They look very similar in size, if you are not familiar with them you could easily think it is an r180. The 190's were a competition item (in the states) with either a 2 or 4 pinion gear lsd diff, the 4 pinion are stronger and worth more. I do not know how much they are worth, parts are hard to find and a 4:70 is going to be mostly desired by racers, it is too low for the streets. So if you are going to sell it you have a pretty small market. I have a 4:44 r190 in my car with a zx trans, I would not go any lower and could go a little higher idealy, it is good around town but on the highway it is a little low, 3500 rpm @75.