HybridZ

Cheaper Lash Pads?

naviathan

I got my head back from the machinist finally (second head since I screwed up the last one). It's an E88 using the N42 valves and a brand new schneider 290/290 .495/.495 cam (yes that's the MSA "Stage IV"). I just went through and did a check on the lash and it's even across the board, .260" Int and .220" Exh. After looking at MSA's pricing for individual lash pads I was hoping someone on here knew of a cheaper place to get them because they're insane. $5.95 per pad plus shipping?? Any leads would be great.

• Administrators
I got my head back from the machinist finally (second head since I screwed up the last one). It's an E88 using the N42 valves and a brand new schneider 290/290 .495/.495 cam (yes that's the MSA "Stage IV"). I just went through and did a check on the lash and it's even across the board, .260" Int and .220" Exh. After looking at MSA's pricing for individual lash pads I was hoping someone on here knew of a cheaper place to get them because they're insane. $5.95 per pad plus shipping?? Any leads would be great.

Have you tried the Nissan parts counter?

I checked Courtesy Nissan's site, but didn't see anything. Do you think Nissan can still get them in the sizes I need?

Why don't you find out by asking them yourself? I just bought 12 of them for 30 some odd dollars from my local dealer here in Charleston. Nissan still has them.

• Administrators
I checked Courtesy Nissan's site, but didn't see anything. Do you think Nissan can still get them in the sizes I need?

Local Nissan parts counter is where I purchase ALL of my L-series lash pads... Actually, I call them, tell em what thickness and how many, they deliver them to my door. :wink:

Why don't you find out by asking them yourself? I just bought 12 of them for 30 some odd dollars from my local dealer here in Charleston. Nissan still has them.

That was only slightly condescending, thanks. I just assumed Nissan, if they had them at all, would carry only stock size pads for rebuilds.

Hybridz.org is starting to get just as rude as zcar.com.

Local Nissan parts counter is where I purchase ALL of my L-series lash pads... Actually, I call them, tell em what thickness and how many, they deliver them to my door. :wink:

That must be nice. I just called my Local Nissan Parts Department and they can only get them in the stock size and they want $7 each before taxes for them.

• Administrators
LOL!!!

Little do you know Nissan gets them from Rasch motor sports!:icon45:

:lmao: Too funny, RASCH motorposrts.. :lmao:...

Along those lines, good friend, Hybrid owner/builder, owns a successful automotive shop couple hours of south of me, Peak Performance Automotive in Eugene Oregon. One of his techs is quite savvy with the Z-32 and the local Nissan dealership, Lithia Nissan, sends their customers needing certain work done over to his shop! :shock::lmao:

Back to lash pads.

In all seriousness Naviathan, your local Nissan dealer can get you all the available lash pads across their parts counter .150”-.3xx”. They may not have them in stock and some may have to be shipped from another dealer, but usually no more than a weeks wait time. If you live in a town that used to or still has a private Datsun/Nissan shop that works on the L-series, your chances are good that the local Nissan dealership will stock more L-series parts and other vehicle specific parts, (510, Z car, etc), than others. Some parts managers are good at making an effort to help support the local specialty shops by stocking those parts. :wink:

They will even deliver via UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc at an additional charge.

Take care

Paul

• Administrators
That must be nice. I just called my Local Nissan Parts Department and they can only get them in the stock size and they want $7 each before taxes for them.

(We posted at the same time...)

DOH!!!! :shock: Hmmmm....

So you need six @ .220" and six @ .260", right?

How soon do you absolutely have to have them? I.e. can you hang tight for approx 2 weeks?

Awesome, thank you to everyone that chimed in. Courtesy sent me to NISMO to get the part numbers, but once they had them it was good to go. The .220" were $3 each and the .260" were $3.65 each. They said because they had to order the .260" ones it would be about 4-6 days. Great customer service over there. Incase anyone needs this info:

NISMO

1-888-833-3225

Lash Pads (AKA Rocker Valve Guides)

.220" 99996M1220

.260" 99996M1260

Courtesy Nissan

1-800-527-1909

I got mine from Capital City Nissan in Atlanta. Most all of them ship out of Nissan's Tennessee warehouse, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get them if you're in NC. Course - they screwed up my order and it took them nearly 10 days to get from Tn. to the A.T.L. !!!

FYI - Nissan's part #'s for a .200" pad are 99996-M1200, and I'm almost 100% positive that the last 3 digits denote the pad thickness, so a .180" pad would be 99996-M1180. At least that's how my pads were labeled.

I got mine from Capital City Nissan in Atlanta. Most all of them ship out of Nissan's Tennessee warehouse, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get them if you're in NC. Course - they screwed up my order and it took them nearly 10 days to get from Tn. to the A.T.L. !!!

FYI - Nissan's part #'s for a .200" pad are 99996-M1200, and I'm almost 100% positive that the last 3 digits denote the pad thickness, so a .180" pad would be 99996-M1180. At least that's how my pads were labeled.

That's exactly how the part numbers work. When they gave me the numbers at NISMO I asked if that was the case and they said it was just that simple.