HybridZ

260Z Racer kind of Help!

So i picked this 260 after i Sold my 280Z i found it on Zparts.com and decided to go pick it up, from L.A. to Oakland it was a Mission. So i get there and it does not look like the online pic the guy had said it was in storage since the last pic, but the car was dusty and the paint didnt shine it was striped from the interior and rust in the usual places but the guy told me it only had a little on the fender so i was cool with that nut it was everywhere anywho i still ended up buying it cause it had:

240Z Carbs

Eibach Lowing springs

Iron Cross Rims

Corbeau Seat

all that sounded good but to my Amazement he didnt mention the whole Suspension had Polyurathane Bushings, he wasnt the original Owner Also the Seat was All Fucked up he told me it was torn But Damn

I want to get rid of all Electrical Things That arent Needed just the basics lights,dash lights, wipers, and so on. I was Searching But dont know what to type to get me where i want to go So if anyone can point me to the right direction i Would Appreciate it........ I Will post some pictures later

:redface:

I want to get rid of all Electrical Things That arent Needed just the basics lights,dash lights, wipers, and so on. I was Searching But dont know what to type to get me where i want to go So if anyone can point me to the right direction i Would Appreciate it........ I Will post some pictures later

:redface:

Well, the Mr. Fusion unit is easily unplugged and only secured by four 1/4-20 bolts, the radio telescope equipment unplugs easily enough, but it might take half a day to remove entirely (sure, it isn't a drain on horsepower when it is unplugged, but you don't want to leave all that dead weight in the car, yanno) and *some* of these cars had covertly installed ICBMs in the rear deck. (They WERE built during the Cold War, remember) Careful research on the web regarding "Freedom of Information Act" might shed some light on how to tell if your car is so equipped, but TBH good luck.

:ass:

"The basics" is about all the electronics this car ever HAD.

Im well aware that it's basic alectronics BUT lets say i wanted to just rewire everything up cause i want to put in an internal regulated Alternator.... well what im asking is What do the people who build Hot Rods Use when they put modern stuff on like 30s cars or older

And i dont think mr.fusion comes in my Car:mrgreen:

I hope you took that in the right light :)

Well, basically, IF what is there, in your car, is solid, then it is useable and simple enough.. If you can remove the dashboard from the car laying it out is a fairly straightforward process.. at that point you can evaluate it, and decide to reuse it with repairs/upgrades as needed (such as relays for headlights and starter circuit, intenrally regulated alternator, ammeter shunt bypass or upgrade) or just get a painless.

In the end its basically a question of whethewr whats in the car now works. If so, great, use it. Relays and fresh power supply makes your headlights brighter and switch last longer, and internally regulated, higher amperage alternator swaps abound, and include instruction on installing fresh charging wire, etc. If it doesn't work so hot, it is easy to lay it bare and either fix it or scrap it.

This car has a 280-style dash, right? I can't recall right now if early 260s had a 240 dash or if that's just false info i picked up somewhere, but I had a "280 style" 260 dash in my hands the other day, and the wiring on it is SO simple and easy to expose and dissect I was AMAZED!! My uncle and I were comparing it to the 5 240 dashboards that it was piled with and the difference was night and day. My dash (75 280) is far more cluttered with wiring than yours simply by dint of the EFI; this is one of the great aspects of having a 260 IMO.