HybridZ

seat recomendations for short people?

Half-Azn_Ninja

While searching through the forums i noticed people talking about how their new aftermarket seats sit higher and some sit lower. I am short, i would like to be higher up a bit. are there any nice bucket style seats for a short driver? im about 5'4" and i prefer leather, vinyl and faux leather.

thanks

oh and its going in an s30, '72

The stock seats will move upwards nearly 2" with proper placement ofthe black plastic spacers under the slider rails.

IF you can get a set of JDM sliders, they have threaded portions on them that would allow almost 3" of vertical adjustment compared to the N/A Market 1 1/2-2" adjustability.

Also, on a 72, make sure your 'straps' in the seat bottom are properly functioning. They have a terrible tendency to disintegrate, and let the seat portion 'sink' considerably. The 73 and later seats have spring suspension that is not as prone to this effect, and can be retrofitted to the earlier cars easily enough.

My wife is 5' 2" and complained about seating position in her 74 260Z, I simply put four of the stock spacers between the mounting rail and the seat slider section, and she was happy. Though it's tight on my head if I sit up straight or don't have the seatback raked a bit when I'm driving it (6' 0")

Our 260 has Real Leather Seating Areas applied with custom uphoulstery on stock seats. I like it.