HybridZ

240z rear diff options

Guest milkeyisback

Guest milkeyisback

Im planning out the beginning stages of a 240z drift car and i was wondering, if it were up to you guys, what would you use or swap for a rear diff?

I was thinking a diff from a 300zx would b nice, or a 240sx with lsd.. basically i just need to get a good strong LSD in the car and be able to fit adjustable coilovers and newer suspension parts, and be able to handle the 250-300 hp/torqe range.. is there an easy way to get a lsd in a 240z? Ive heard you can grab one off a 280zx but im not sure what all i would need to swap over.

Doing things on the cheap first is always a good idea with me, that way if i change my mind about the cars purpose im not balls deep in mods ill never get money back on.

Thanks in advance!

You just happened to touch on one of the most sought after components on the whole vehicle. Maybe the price wont shock you maybe it will but I have seen LSD's go for as little as 50 bucks (unbelievably rare) and as much as $800. They can handle CRAZY HP so your lucky in that respect.

I just searched "LSD install" I remember there is a sticky 4th one down, long read but VERY informative and will answer all of your questions.

http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php?searchid=2808006

I took pitty on you because, for some reason I never find anything when I search either.

For most guys longnose R200 + LSD = plenty. Read through the whole Diff sticky in the Drivetrain section, and search for one of our members here using an R200 and performing wheelstands at the strip.

There are even a few threads here that have dealt with suspension and rear end setups for hypothetical and real 240Z based drift cars, just as long as you search well enough.

Not to get too off topic, but ARZ, is that your car pictured under your member name? I've had pics of it on my computer for a while and couldn't remember where I'd found them (love the stance/wheel and tire combo).

For most guys longnose R200 + LSD = plenty. Read through the whole Diff sticky in the Drivetrain section, and search for one of our members here using an R200 and performing wheelstands at the strip.

There are even a few threads here that have dealt with suspension and rear end setups for hypothetical and real 240Z based drift cars, just as long as you search well enough.

Not to get too off topic, but ARZ, is that your car pictured under your member name? I've had pics of it on my computer for a while and couldn't remember where I'd found them (love the stance/wheel and tire combo).

Yea I have been meaning to create a gallery. Thanks, Its kinda hard to find many photos of my car unless you go way back in my earlier posts, and even then I have tons more from motor builds and engine swaps and painting and repair.

I remember seeing a photo of that red car pullin a wheelie in one of those motivational type posters that said, R200?!? YES Its strong enough.

I didnt know that link I posted wouldnt work,

This is the thread I was talking about.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114798&highlight=LSD+install

JMortensen's right it wasnt hard to find at all, maybe I shouldnt have taken pity.