HybridZ

Datsun Parts Vendor Feedback

2fast2Z

• 3 years later...

A friend of mine bought a set of 3 screw SU's from Datsunparts and he had been trying to get them running for quite some time. He asked me to take a look at them. At first I did not suspect the carbs as they were "new". It had broken hoses and the lower fuel bowl lines were cracked, but still nothing added up. I started looking into ignition and found it was off for the amount of advance in the distributor, but it was not enough to cause the problem. The car still was running very bad and nothing added up. Running out of daylight we called it an evening.

For the next week I thought about the symptoms and everything pointing to a massive vacuum leak. So I came equipped with a can of ether to find the problem. Before I started spraying, I found the problem with a good visual inspection. The problem was obvious.

Datsunparts shipped the carb and manifold set out assembled.

IMG_20120830_200947.jpg

IMG_20120830_200934.jpg

They had the wrong heat shield on and it interfered with the carb spacers. Instead of taking the time to check fitment they shipped it out with the heat shield inbetween the carb spacer and the manifold. So at least I found the 2 massive vacuum leaks.

To add insult to injury the carbs needed new fuel bowl lines, they had very few miles on it, like less than 100 or so. His experience has been not good with this vendor. Based on this experience and what others are reporting, I would say avoid!