HybridZ

280z floor pan replacement

cws1807

Hey i have a 78 280z that sat for several years and water leaked into the passenger side floor from a hole in the windshield gasket. I have plenty of resources available to fab up my own custom pans, and new frame rails with square tubing. My question is would i need to brace the chassis to keep it from flexing while i cut out the old frame rails?

Hello.when You Get To The Fabing Would They Be As Close To The Origenal Form As Possible? Send Me Some Pics. Maybe You Can Fab A Set For Me.

Do you mean something like this?

Floors%20-%20240Z%20-%203.JPG

http://www.datsunzparts.com/NewParts/summary.htm

As far as bracing, as long as you have the rear suspension, transmission, and front cross members in place, flexing shouldn't be a concern. If you are concerned, just do one side at a time with all three cross members in place.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Do you mean something like this?

Floors%20-%20240Z%20-%203.JPG

http://www.datsunzparts.com/NewParts/summary.htm

As far as bracing, as long as you have the rear suspension, transmission, and front cross members in place, flexing shouldn't be a concern. If you are concerned, just do one side at a time with all three cross members in place.

Pete

They sure look nice,but i belive they are for the 240z and not for the 280z. I got in touch with them some time a go. Thier shipping from Canada was too high ($400). If you know anyone in the U.S. let me know i`m pretty sure the shipping would be a lot less from the U.S. Thanks.

Dude, for me to get a pair of floor pans, rails, and everything including shipping was 400$....shipped to 42104 in the states. they do make 280Z floor pans as well, and 280ZX pans even.

Floor pans, rails and shipping all for $400.Now thats a deal. $400.00 more or less was the shipping charge alone for me.