HybridZ

Pulled .84 G's acceleration according to I phone with G calculator.

ARZ_

Clifton had been bugging me to try his stickey tires and I was worried, about them rubbing, so I held off for a while, then he suggested just raising the coilovers 3-4 revolutions.

I finally got off my butt and did it last night, HOLY CR@P they are AWESOME.

If you have problems hooking up on the street in your street car, then these are the tires for you. They are Mickey Thompson Street E/T's Holy mother these things are amazing. I am still breaking them loose at the top of the gear in second but you can tell they are still gripping quite well.

I gave a couple of people from work a ride and they were quite blown away. As was I, in my first pull from the bottom of second gear. One of the guys had an I phone and after we had done a couple of launches, he said, OH WAIT I have a G meter on my phone. I said, your kidding, we pulled over and he explained it and reset it and the light turned green and we got back on the freeway, and we recorded a .84 acceleration and I hammered the brakes, and we recorded .87 Braking, I could have gone harder on the brakes but there was no need.

Not sure if anyone has used this program or if they knew how accurate it was. It was just as level as he could make it in between his legs as we accelerated.

Well Im sure it accelerated great but I think .84 is a little much... I believe the Veyron barely pulls off one g.
We are not talking cornering. OK the Veryon has 1000 HP and weighs 4100 lbs my car weighs 2500 and makes 487 to the wheels that's over 550 to the crank. C&D Nov. '05...says the 1/4 mile time is 10.8 @ 140mph, I did 11.7 @125 my first time drag racing my car with the same slippery tires in that video. and I had to back pedal (let off the gas twice in 3rd gear on that run) How far off do you think I am?!?!?

So whats your setup suspension wise?
Its a coilover setup from Arizona Z car with a 3:70 CLSD.

I have an aluminum flywheel, aluminum drive shaft and aluminum front hubs and 17-18 lbs wheels all around, the front tires are CRAZY light 245/40/17 hoosier R/6's the rears are 275/45/17 Mickey Thompson ET street radials.

MT claims they weigh 28lbs per tire. This car is CRAZY fast with these tires, it flat out PLANTS your A$$ in the seat in second gear.

Here's a video of it with marginal older tires.

70mph tire cleaning, look closely at the tires.

http://www.arizonaperformance.com/parts_photos/Videos/tire_cleaning.wmv

0.84 is way low.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0203_sccp_ultimate_street_car_challenge/final_results.html

RANK CAR LATERAL G POINTS NOTES

1 Datsun 510 1.092 100 Holy sticky tires

2 Ferrari F360 1.082 99 Still, a Datsun beat it

Tyres > *

I've been in a Datsun 510 (sedan) outfit with Motec's 3-axis accellerometer and Dash setup. Regularly pulling high 0.9s on the road, with ultra high performance street rubber.

Dave

We are not talking cornering. OK the Veryon has 1000 HP and weighs 4100 lbs my car weighs 2500 and makes 487 to the wheels that's over 550 to the crank. C&D Nov. '05...says the 1/4 mile time is 10.8 @ 140mph, I did 11.7 @125 my first time drag racing my car with the same slippery tires in that video. and I had to back pedal (let off the gas twice in 3rd gear on that run) How far off do you think I am?!?!?

Its a coilover setup from Arizona Z car with a 3:70 CLSD.

I have an aluminum flywheel, aluminum drive shaft and aluminum front hubs and 17-18 lbs wheels all around, the front tires are CRAZY light 245/40/17 hoosier R/6's the rears are 275/45/17 Mickey Thompson ET street radials.

MT claims they weigh 28lbs per tire. This car is CRAZY fast with these tires, it flat out PLANTS your A$$ in the seat in second gear.

Here's a video of it with marginal older tires.

70mph tire cleaning, look closely at the tires.

http://www.arizonaperformance.com/parts_photos/Videos/tire_cleaning.wmv

Ahh, didnt realize your car was running that much power. :o I guess its a little more reasonable but the Veyron is AWD with IRCC tires in the 275 range all around.

But hey, nothing to wory about were comparing your car to a veyron!! :) :)

I'm not sure who makes the accelerometers for the iPhone or how accurate they are, but those are some nice numbers notwithstanding.

Oh, and thehelix112, they are talking about the g forces during acceleration and deceleration (horizontal G force), not lateral G's like in SCC's skidpad test.

I don't really know of any listings for horizontal G's on any production vehicles, but did stumble upon this article a couple of times while googling. It has a table with common acceleration G values for general vehicle types.

http://www.splung.com/content/sid/2/page/acceleration

• 2 weeks later...

The numbers you posted are lateral, not longitudinal acceleration as ARZ is talking about. .9 in a turn is one thing. Doing close to that in a straight line on the street with street legal tires is another and makes most passengers shiit:mrgreen:..

0.84 is way low.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0203_sccp_ultimate_street_car_challenge/final_results.html

RANK CAR LATERAL G POINTS NOTES

1 Datsun 510 1.092 100 Holy sticky tires

2 Ferrari F360 1.082 99 Still, a Datsun beat it

Tyres > *

I've been in a Datsun 510 (sedan) outfit with Motec's 3-axis accellerometer and Dash setup. Regularly pulling high 0.9s on the road, with ultra high performance street rubber.

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
My brother recorded my car with the same program with his iphone as well. My car pulled .77 g's with 225's and about 230rwhp or so and did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.
Oh I forgot to include that .84 g's was in 3rd gear not first gear.