HybridZ

Universal Motor mounts hockey puck, bisquit whatever HELP

twistex

I have been on the lookout for a hockey puck style mount. Basically a round polyurethane mount that has a stuff on each side center. I have found Volvo mounts that would work but no one makes an aftermarket style. Energy suspension/prothane will not do such a thing. If anyone know a aftermarket mount or somewhere to purchase somthing like this please let me know. Mount need to be roughly 1.75 to 2.25 wide and 2 to 3 inch tall. Thanks

here is a example of a volvo motor mount.

2428.jpg

and

2429.jpg

these mounts will work for my application but are way to soft.

You could attempt to create something of your own with some bolts and some injected urethane. I am stiffening my stock Z engine mounts with 3M window-weld urethane by hollowing the rubber parts out and squeezing the urethane in.

I have done this with 240sx motor mounts. use gloves some spit and some 3m window poly :) works like a dream lol.

I was just looking for the same thing and wound up ordering these.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=363&CS=ireland&All=

They are made by Ireland Engineering in LA area and are urethane shore 80A. They have used them on BMW V8 swaps so I figured that it would work for my VH45 swap. They are very nice people there. BTW: you cannot make them for what they sell them for.

why not actual hockey pucks? thats what I'm using on my Z31, I just drilled a hole through them and ran a 5/8 grade 8 bolt

Pucks are bound to split at some point. I seen guys put them on tucks to raise it a bit. Always splits after a year or so.

I'm looking for something thicker. does the engine vibration transfer to chassis though the studs?

I actually stacked 2 on each side to get the clearance I needed for the oil pan (still about half an inch lower than stock mounts) and no I don't find them to be too rough, but the car isn't really street driven

and yes the rubber dries up and cracks over time, I'm about due for some new pucks, but I started with the oldes ugliest pucks in my buddies puck bag

you could alwys buy some derlin

• 2 weeks later...