HybridZ

LSD 300 what years??

cyrus

Guest Azel

Well it depends on which LSD you're looking for: the clutch-type R200 or the bigger and tougher Viscous-type R230 LSD. The R200 can be found in the 280ZX's, I think all years of the 300ZX from 84-89 and in the N/A only Z32 300ZX's.

The R230 came in the Twin Turbo Z32's (model years '90-'96) and the Infiniti Q45 from '90-95. If you're looking for this though, you might want to hurry up. They're starting to vanish from salvage yards pretty quickly. Happy hunting!

R200 LSD diffs came in '87-'89 Z31 turbo models only. There was a funky viscous model in some white-bodied anniversary edition (the SE?) that is a bit more challenging to install.

The R230s came in Z32s and Infiniti Q45s - not sure which ones were LSD though....these are NOT straight-forward to install.

My rear end is going out it is a 1982 280ZX, turbo 2+2. Yesterday I found a 1987 300 2+2 AT with a CV rear end. I do not know anything about how good it is, about 160,000 miles. Its at a salvage. Is anyone interested?

Found a 1986 300ZX with CV axels and two extra CV axels today at a salvage.

Will the 1986 model fit in a 280ZX that has CV axels?

It was an auto trans, what gear ratio would it have.

Guest Aaron

z31 is the model name for the 84-89 300ZX's. (Note that there was a minor body redesign and minor mechanical updates to the 87.5-89 model years.)

z32 is the model name for the 90-96 300ZX's.