HybridZ

STB that clears the RB motor?

~KnuckleDuster~

Are there any strut tower bars that will clear the rb motor? I had the msa straight accross bar before but since the new motor sits higher I had to sell it off. Are there any stb's that will definatly fit without going custom? Im considering the msa cf bar...looks like it might clear..

large234238.jpg

looks much higher than this:

large234201.jpg

I'll be using a Nismo Strut Bar for my 280Z. It clears as my engine sits far back and low..I'm also using the JGY intake manifold which helps a lot..Look into the Cusco Strut bar..It appears to be exactly like the MSA CF one. MSA may even have copied it..Main problem is that stock intake manifold on the RB..Good luck.

...Still waiting for my car to finish...

The STB was an issue for me as well. Ultimately, you want a bar that runs a straight as possible, laterally, that ties the two towers together. Unfortunately, your intake manifold makes it quite hard to do.

You should be able to use any STB's availible if you get rid of the stock intake manifold (Greddy). If that's still not enough room to clear you going to have to make new mounts that set the engine lower or, have something custom made.

The Cusco bar that MSA sells clears a RB20 with over the top intake manifold piping. May clear 25 depending on how much taller the 25 is
no taller - only the RB30 is taller (not sure about the RD28 blocks) by 30mm - so it does depend on the engine mount kit you have used I assume.

• 2 months later...