HybridZ

Taurus fan jtr radiator brackets

I've searched this forum for more specific information for mounting a Taurus fan on the JTR radiator. How, specifically, is it done?

An old post speaks of photos showing the actual mounting of the Taurus fan; but that link is dead.

I'm using the JTR kit with the smaller chevrolet radiator. The top radiator mount is from a Camaro. Small metal and attached by sheet metal screws to the Z's radiator frame.

How have you all attached the fan?

g

It's really best not to use those ties that go through the radiator. They can eventually cause leaks due to vibration and the ties rubbing against the fins.

You should mount the radiator fan to the upper and lower mounts you're using to hold your radiator in place. When I bought my mount kit from JTR, they didn't include the vertical braces at the time, so I made my own to hold the fan in place. I don't have good pics of mine to share, other than one with my old engine that only shows the bolt head holding one of the braces to the top mount...

DSC009351.JPG

• 2 months later...