HybridZ

replacement relays.

zilvia_gt

I'm not sure, but I read somewhere that all blue nissan relays are the same internally, as they are "generic nissan"... I read that in the Z31 fuel pump mod document that I have some where.

But, you'll have to wait till I'm at my own house to run a part number for you (and I don't even have the internet there!)

They are generic and Nissan colored coded their relays for us as well. There are 2 style connectors though you have to watch out for. You will have the most luck pulling the exact relay from an Infiniti Q45 as they had a ton of them on board, but just about any newer Nissans will have them from the 1990's to Current. They used these style relays in places that were unsecured. So like under the dash vs being in the fuse block. So these type are usually connected to a little metal bracket that hangs them to a mounting surface. Best place to find them is near the ECU behind the kick panels just hanging out. You will find that 99% of the time the relays are in very good shape even if the car is completely trashed. The relays were rated for much more than Nissan ever used them for in most applications. Look for the ones that have a opaque connector rather than the completely blue one. Those are the ones you need.

Generic Bosch style ones work just fine to, but its more cutting and soldering that you already have to do in this swap.

A friend of mine tipped me off the other week while RacinJitter was in town, but I forgot to make mention of it. Generic blue Nissan relays are the same as the Green ones, circuit wise, but are good for upto 30 amps, whereas greens are 20amps.

before 95 or 96, Nissan had a different manufacturer for their relays, so the ones prior to that year will not plug into the newer socket style, and vise versa.

He makes harnesses for S13/RB swaps and such, so he's seen it all!

Looking at the circuit diagram from the R34, it looks they are all standard SPST (single poll, single throw), except for the ECM & IGN coil relay, which is DPST (double poll, single throw). Better check your schematic to be sure.

Pete

Radioshack is probably the cheapest route other than swiping them at the junk yard (after hunting them down of course). Two relays will work, but I think the 30A is the more suitable one:

30A

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062477

40A

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3020762

However, there are mixed reviews about the quality and durability of these relays.

For those who want the blue relays and can't find them at the junk, here's a like to an online retailer that carries them. Price wise I wouldn't know (haven't called them yet). If you click on the image of the relays, it'll take you to a page where you can view all the other Nissan relays they carry including the green ones mentioned earlier in this post.

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4869

L_4933.jpg

Can anyone (...Careless?) post the part numbers of these blue ones for the sake of this post? The website where I found these ask for a part number for confirmation purposes.