HybridZ

A christmaZ story...

SonOfZZZap

Well, been a long month, had an accident in the old Z31 (a suby wagon decided to wreck on the interstate and I hit him), a really nasty one, insurance company is taking forever, probably gonna end up with a lawyer involved soon. Ive been a 24 year-old unemployed auto technician for over 6 months, struggling to pay bills and student loans and the list could go on... the accident caused me to lose a job I was about to start... on top of being carless.

l_9c98f6d7cfa74ba0b28794a16b095aae.jpg

I had came across a 76 280 in really nice shape, just took a few pics and got the number etc... was just really curious about it, thought maybe when the insurance comes through, I might could get it. I gave my dad (who is nice enough to help me out with a home and some financial and moreso moral support most of all) the number and asked if he could call and inquire while I was visiting family and helping out with christmas prep. I get a ride home and what the hell? The 280 I had checked out earier is parked outside of the house.... my dad nowhere to be found... I call him and ask him what is the 280 doing outside? and he says "isnt that where you normaly park your car?" My dad gave me the biggest suprise I could have ever had... another S30, a NICE one... I had always wanted another since I had to sell my 77 for college money... I just thought this was a story worth posting, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, and to all of those suffering from the economy, HAVE FAITH AND KEEP YOUR SPIRITS HIGH! Good things will happen to you when you least expect it!

l_48d7e9568675493a82d848a036587255.jpgl_46287efe80164d60b26d66cf1c444858.jpgl_0ca3b6d5712d41e6ac1ed5bdd9603e11.jpgl_7d4c92d70d5047b7b69cb620a50c2885.jpg

Merry Christmas :D

Looks like an amazing gift! I'm looking forward to the day when I'm able to give a car as a christmas gift. There's something about the thought of unwrapping a key and looking out the window to see a vehicle with a big red bow on top of it that is so appealing.

Lets see some more pics!

Hopefully your insurance money can be well spent now :)

SonofZZZap,

That is one heck of a present. Your dad is one nice guy. That 280Z is in nice shape. Too bad about the job. If you lost a job because you were in an accident then that wasn't a job you wanted. Good luck finding a job and Merry Christmas to you.

My dad sucks...

haha, nice S30. I might buy myself one for my birthday, hopefully i can cough up the cash, and i know where you are being you were going to sell stuff for college, i told my parents, i aint selling any of my toys for college. I ended up getting a full ride anyways, lol. Good luck with it, merry christmas

Tell your parents (and others) how much you appreciate them while you still have them. Do it today because tomorrow may be too late. This goes especially for you, Bansheeboy11.

I do every day dude, i wouldnt be anywhere without em.

Then I guess your dad doesn't suck afterall.:mrgreen:

Then I guess your dad doesn't suck afterall.:mrgreen:

I know, i was joking. He forked me half of my 1st car, among other things. Ive been eyeing up a 240 in pittsburgh that looks identical to yours. I got $450 cash in my hand from christmas, hopefully i can sell some motors and have about $2k and find something like this.