HybridZ

URGENT will the LSD unit from a 240SX bolt into an early R20

QWKDTSN

I need to know if the VLSD unit from a JDM Silvia will bolt into my 240Z's R200. It's got 3.90 gears so I guess 12mm bolts. I'm thinking that the output splines will be different? What needs to be done here to make this work? Or is it just too much work and should I pass it up? I have an opportunity to buy the unit for cheap but if it's possible I need to do it ASAP.

The guys from phantomgrip told me that their LSD part number is the same for use on the 240sx r200 and the r200 from a 280z... so I assume the gears are probably interchangeable since the LSD plates are designed to work on both? just a suggestion

If you can use the JDM R200 off 240sx or silvia, you can just use the one from 95+ Infiniti J30. 3.90 VLSD. I heard from it from 240sx owner. For 240sx, it's a direct swap. But I don't know if the spline is same or not. I'll be checking it out soon though.

From what I gather, the VLSD will swap in, but you will need special half shafts ALA 88 300ZX SE VLSD. You will need 12mm ring and pinion or some sleeves for your 10mm bolts. You cannot use the ring and pinion from the Silvia because it has the short pinion I believe. And you should not use the pinion from one gear set on the ring gear of another gear set. Just like cams and lifters shouldn't be swapped around.