HybridZ

Rick Bowers, ? on your T5 swap

Bob_H

Rick,

Saw in another post that you used the turbo ZX cross member for your 77. Did you still have to cut and weld to make it work in your 77? I ask b/c with me getting ready to put the T5 in place of the 3rd roasted 83 NA box I always assumed I would have to cut and re-weld the rear tranny cross memeber.

I am interested in how you made that work.

-Bob Hanvey

Just back to the FL heat from a trip to NY Catskills-

One thing I didn't mention (I did this swap about 6years ago and forgot bonk.gif ) was that originally I used a stock Z differential mount with enlongated holes to mount the t5 to the ZX turbo crossmember in place of a transmission mount. On my car, this combination lined up perfectly. I later welded more metal onto the differential mount (carefully so as not to melt the rubber) where it bolts to the t5 to make the whole thing secure, since the diff mount isn't quite as wide as the trans mount and the mounting holes wound up more like shallow slots. If you start to piece this together you'll see what I mean.