HybridZ

Help me pick a truck tire

I like,

Michelin - BFG (same company) Just not the BFG Radial longtrails, they came stock on my truck and were terrible.

Yokohama, I have a set of Geolanders on my Frontier and they work great off road, they are quiet and they have worn very little in 12,000 miles

Firestone, I have never had any but friends of mine did and from my perspective they worked well.

Well you state truck tire. You do not give hints to use, only which brand. I have run BFG Long trails and I could not get them off the truck fast enough when there was anything other than sun shine. I then went to Pirelli scorpean AT. They worked great in all conditions: Snow, ice, wet, dry, offroad. Then at 22000 miles they were gone. Next Yokohama Geolander A/T+2 again great in all conditions. I ran them for 34000 miles and cupping occured and then became noisey. There was about 10000 miles left in tred depth. Next Michelins A/T the old style. Not such an agressive looking tire but worked as well as the Pirellis and Yokohamas except the Michlins road much better and were quiet. I had about 40000 miles and the tred was only half gone. I gave them away and they are still being used. The new Michelin A/T looks as if it belongs on a car so I would not buy another set. I live in snow country and never go into winter with half worn tires, So what next. I am on my second winter with a set of BFG A/T. They are great at everything. They are: quiet, ride nice, look good, work great in snow and with ledgenary off road performance how could you go wrong. They will also hang on to asphalt when required, though they will heat check at the edges. I do know that this is not what A/T tires are for but long trips on mounatin roads can be fun in anything.

BFG Wrangler A/T All Terrain - pricey but last well.

Firestone RMT (NZ Made you may not get stateside but there will be other firestones available) Mud and hardcore offroad - cheap & nasty but work well.

Coopers (Aussie brand you may not get) street and AT, cheap and last for ages with good grip.