HybridZ

New paint job has lines - opinions please? Pics inside...

zeeboost

Sounds like the owner wants to do right but he may not understand urethane paint technology or hasnt been to one of the manufacturers trining seminars in a while. The real question is does the painter understand what hes doing . Putting the car into the sun to cure isnt going to do anything to harden or reflow base coat.

One other thing that wasnt mentioned about color coverage. Some base coats are highly transparent and require a proper colored sealer to be applied before the application of the base coat. We recently painted an 08 Corvette . Using a matching orange sealer , as one may think would be correct, would not allow proper coverage of the base and uneveness of the base was apparent even with an extra coat. Changing to the recommended gray sealer produced an outstanding coverage with minimal basecoats and the sparkle of the pearl was more dramatic. These recommended sealers are listed with the mixing formula info.

Thanks again for the information, fellas. I would like to bring some of this stuff to the owner's attention, but then I'd feel that it would be insulting to him, or I'd offend him trying to advise him on how to do his job.

He seems to be wanting to work with you. So I say, go by what he says that he's going to do to make it right.

Metallics can be tricky. If you're not consistent with the gun angle when spraying, it can also also cause striping (more like the metallic doesn't relect evenly :P)