HybridZ

Body Kit installed-Permagrin is active...

skully

Ok, so I have to say this up front - everyone has his or her own taste in body kits. Some are wacked, some are fracked, and some just work. I'd been thinking about it for my 07 350Z for a while - really - since I had my 2003 350Z that I traded after 18 months when DW (Darling Wife) said we were going to have a child. So I sold the 350Z, got a maxima and after 3 years- and my little girl had been in my car once - I told DW I was going to get another...She was excited for me - That's why she's DW. And she buys me Z performance parts for Christmas :) SO I finally landed on a kit that I liked - but not all of it. The brand I picked is AIT Racing. I did some research and they had good reviews from quite a bit of sources, but I did not find any from Z posts...So I got the SRS front bumper and side skirts - then I chose the Nismo V2 spoiler (yes a knockoff) and the VS-2 rear bumper.

Norbe was great to work with at AIT and I recieved all my parts the next week via Truck. OK, now for my comments about the quality of the parts - The fit and finish is decent, but not great. And the carbon fiber in the spoiler was totally fracked up - I don't know how they thought they could send it out, but I don't like CF anyway and had it painted but that's more of a heads up than anything else. The actual CF appeared to be bunched up in several places both on top and bottom - so be warned. There were a few spider cracks in the mold but my body shop took care of them. Also, the front bumper had to be cut and fiberglassed because the front bumper would bow in the middle and the hood would not close. Fortunately Erick at Final Finish in Matthews NC resolved all the issues - so the front bumper, clean up of the spider cracks and total spray of the CF wing were the major issues - and they were not that major when you consider the investment of a body kit (and doing it right). One other item we addressed was the tow hook - the kit was pretty tight and if I needed to install my tow hook, I'd need to push the bumper and possibly rip off the bumper because of the new angle. Erick took off the front aluminum brace and had the tow hook assembly cut and lengthened so that the tow hook is in the middle of the grill opening. I also highly recomend adding a grill of some sort to your 350Z as I lost my condenser going to ZCON 08 thru WVA when a rock punctured the condenser - Nissan did not consider that warranty and it's a nice $500 bucks to replace. Nice. Anyway - that being the past -I have a grill now... I also went with a grey metalic from the front grill color to accent the VS-2 exhaust area that really stands out nicely too - hope you enjoy it.

HPIM5454_thumb.JPG

HPIM5455_thumb.JPG

HPIM5457_thumb.JPG

HPIM5456_thumb.JPG

HPIM5458_thumb.jpg

Looks great. Very tasteful. I run a "mosquito net" type of screen behind the grill of all of my cars. I hold it on with zip ties. Good advice. Not only does it keep the condenser alive, it keeps muck out of all the fins of all the various heat exchangers.