HybridZ

240z NO HEAT!!! HELP!!

Ok I have a 72 240z and I do not have heat or defrost in the car.... Well everything is there but there is no dash controls to turn it on or anything. I drive the car everyday and it is so annoying to not have heat or defrost. I hope I am not repeating an old thread but i have searched and came up with no help for me. (If someone knows of an old thread copy the link)

1. I would be fine with just having a toggle switch or something just to turn the blower motor on but I do not know where the wires are.

2. I know there is a valve somewhere under the dash that controls how much coolant goes into the heater core but i cannot find it. Do I need to pull the dash to get to it or can someone let me know where it is.

3. Lastly how do you swich the heat from the vents to the defrost?

Thanks

Ok I have a 72 240z and I do not have heat or defrost in the car.... Well everything is there but there is no dash controls to turn it on or anything. I drive the car everyday and it is so annoying to not have heat or defrost. I hope I am not repeating an old thread but i have searched and came up with no help for me. (If someone knows of an old thread copy the link)

1. I would be fine with just having a toggle switch or something just to turn the blower motor on but I do not know where the wires are.

2. I know there is a valve somewhere under the dash that controls how much coolant goes into the heater core but i cannot find it. Do I need to pull the dash to get to it or can someone let me know where it is.

3. Lastly how do you swich the heat from the vents to the defrost?

Thanks

Have you looked up the FSM? or have you found a chilton's od similar manual? They should have information about that. Otherwise, you might have to start tracing wires.

phar

there is actually 2 control levers....one controls how much water goes into the heater core and the other one opens a flap so that it changes from front vents to defrost vents....they are easy to find and a small choke cable is all that pulls them open and closed....the only other problem you will have is running your blower motor....you'll have to find the end of the connection(were it used to hook up to the back of the control panel) then hook it up 2 a multi switch because there's like 3 different settings it could be on...unless you just want it on one...hope this helps a little

Bring it up this Sunday afternoon. I can show you what controls what. In the meantime can you post a picture of what the dash looks like now? The "no dash controls" statement is scaring me :)

joe

Toggle switches....lol.

A z with no heat...reminds me of another car I know!

Toggle switches....lol.

A z with no heat...reminds me of another car I know!

Why do you think I asked to see pictures of Scott's car? A V8 240Z with no heat? Hmmm......If I can see the firewall while looking at the front of the dash (like someone elses car I know), there's gonna be some work to do!

Joe

Why do you think I asked to see pictures of Scott's car? A V8 240Z with no heat? Hmmm......If I can see the firewall while looking at the front of the dash (like someone elses car I know), there's gonna be some work to do!

Joe

Wait did my car get stolen? lmao

Post some pics Scott...let us see what you got going on.

Ok well I worked on my car a little before work yesterday and I found that there is still a connector then comes from the blower motor so I just need to find a switch or an orginal faceplate to put in b/c mine is just sheet metal with 2 gauges. If anyone has one i am interested. Lastly I want to test the blower motor to see if it works how would I be able to tell if it is working or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 72 also... Need to hookup my heater core and see if I'm lucky enough to not replace it. Right now all I use for air control is switch between defrost and room. I think this is the very top lever (I have 3 levers) if I remember correctly. The bottom two I have no idea what they do. I'm interested to see what you find out.