HybridZ

got another rb :D

scottyMIz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea everything works good, gonna have to figure out the fuel gauge and get a speedo cable. It's nice to have a tach!! lol its definately doing over 70mph in second gear, i checked it yesterday on the way home coming out of caseville. I used wax and grease remover on it, had to rub pretty hard but it came off. What did you want for the gauges? Dan said u wouldnt take any money for them.

sounds like a plan to me and i got a present for you ;) power steering for the truck was not a good idea lol so im leaving it off if you want the tank i have u can have it. Its still good i didn't mess it up i just kept blowing off lines and got tired of wiping up the mess lol i'm just gonna get a manual rack for it and call it good.

ok another update guys, she is running great and i hope to get some outside vids very soon like maybe tonight. Also i got the fuel level gauge to work, i had to pull the pump and sending unit out measured the resistance at the pump, full it's 256 ohms and empty it's 40 or so well on the skyline's gauge cluster it reads from 6 ohms full to 80 ohms empty. So first i took the level arm off and took a pair of pliers and bent the tab that hooks into the sending unit it's self 180 degrees so it would invert the level signal for the skyline cluster. Next was to get the ohm reading down to where the cluster could read it accurately. I paralleled up some resisters i had lying around until i got the empty ohm load to 82 ohms then it was on to the full ohm reading. The full is detirmined by a little black resistor on the board in line of the wire going back to the gauge. It's value was.... u guessed it 40 ohms so being that i didn't have a 6 ohm resistor and it's so close to a dead short i just opted to bridge over the resistor with a small line of wire and solder. This put me up to 0 ohms give or take but it got me where i was looking to be so now the gas gauge works!!!!! now all i got to do is just get my speedo cable(should be here soon) on and all the gauges will be working.... well except for the front TQ gauge which maybe i can turn into something else like voltage or something.

someone has to keep things interesting :D

well i got her to idle properly finally i had to adjust the tps it was a bit off so the ecu thought the throttle was open farther than it was. I had it close before but it would change all the time, it would be 1k sometimes then 2k another and even sometimes reaching 3k. I got the a/f gauge hooked up too it's nice to see that she's running where she is suppose to. I know it's no substitute for a wide band but it does let me know that the engine is going into closed loop when cruising which means good gas mileage :D I got my speedo cable but i am waiting for the new gauge over lays to come in before i take it all apart again, might as well do it all in one shot. I am gonna try and put the set of rb26 twin turbos on the truck since i have maxxed out the stock turbo already(not hard). Might start on the turbo swap this weekend if not it will be next weekend. I am gonna get a new clutch for it too the stocker is not gonna hold much longer lol