HybridZ

370 cc RC injectors

Art Nadel

RC rates this injector at 370 cc static, at 43 PSI, which I interpret as wide open flow rate, or 100% duty cyle.

The stock 280zx Turbo injectors are usually spoken of as 260 cc. But I think that rate of flow is at 80 % duty cycle.

Five O rates those 260 cc units at 300 cc open.

So it seems the RC 370 cc units only add about 70 cc per injector over the stock turbo injectors.

Does anyone disagree with the above?

Anyone care to guess the RWHP the RC 370 cc unit would support?

Art

this analyssi?

analysii yDo oourrcvvat motor I havefosusually refer to as 260 cc unitar whcih distguesueswiARAny one

The flow rating for the Nissan Injectors is at 100% duty cycle. The 370CC RC injectors will result in 40% more fuel being dispensed at full duty cycle, or at any given pulsewidth.

If you look at the HP people get from stock injectors in Megasquirt Applications, you can see a close correlation between them maxing out there pulsewidth and injector flow.

Tony

Thanks. I suspected the "Five O" web site 300 cc number for the stock turbo injectors was bogus, which you confirmed.

Therefore the correct apples to apples comparison is 260 cc for stock vs. 370 cc for the RCs, both at 100% duty cycle.

Of course no one would run any injector at 100%. But unless you compare different injector rates at the same duty cycled and pressure, the comparison is not valid.

Art

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...