HybridZ

LS1 Long Tube Headers

Hi Guys

This is my first post. I'd like to share with you a picture of the Long Tube headers I built for my LS2 engine. I just got them back from HP coatings.

Yes, it Can be done!

The car is a RHD 260Z using a John's Cars mounting kit.

I'd just like to say how good this forum is. Such a wealth of info. And so many people serious about their Hybrid Z cars. Awesome! :burnout:

Jeremy

headers_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments.

Some extra info-

Primary diameter is 1 7/8". Collector is 3". I did make an effort to keep the runners a similar length (around 27" as it turns out) but obviously there were some space constraints. :weird:

WAH HOO!... In hoping to run longtudes I've been working on new mounts to offset the engine back to the center in an attempt to give more steering shaft clearance on my RHD, now you say it can be done with the standard JCI mounts - fantastic.

If you post more photos I swear I never call Russell Crowe an Australian, ever again! Along with Crowded House, etc, etc.

Thanks Paul. I am certainly happy with how these turned out. The sweat (and a few tears) along the way were worth it. :-D

'Boy from Oz', You promise you will never call 'Crowded House' Australian again?? :wc: Hmmm.

Ok. Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can drum up.

Jeremy

well done jeremy having made my own rhd header for my ls1 install i salute you amazing work i really didnt think there was enough room there to do it was just happy to get something too fit after making up 3 or so sets that wouldnt fit

well done

mick

Thanks Mick

I had one or two mishaps buliding mine too. I guess the odd thing about my drivers side header is that the steering column passes Through it. It seemed to me like the only way of finding the room.

See the attached picture of RH header.

N.B. The pipe diameter is actually 1 3/4 inches, not 1 7/8 as previously stated, my mistake.

Jeremy

P1010187_thumb.jpg

yeah have to agree that run steering coloum through center of pipes is the best way for it I did mock headers like that but got put off when couldnt fit them with engine in place

might tackle a set now ive seen them made but will enjoy car a bit first with the ls1 in it

but you have given me the inspiration to try long tube headers again when i get a week to try thanks

mick

Yes, enjoying driving the car is something I haven't done yet. The most important bit I reckon.

My headers won't go in with the motor fitted. From memory that is more to do with the length and angle of the collector than anything else.

Best of luck if you decide to have another go.

Jeremy

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Anyone seen that header company that sends you pvc pipe and flexible joints that lock in place? You cut the pvc and put it all together then lock the joints where you want them then mail the assembley to them and they mail you back a stainless steel header that matches your model. I can't remember the name of the company... Fairly reasonable price if I remember correct. May be worth getting one set made and useing that set as a pattern and having a shop build multiple sets for a group buy.

Jeremy actually sent me a few 'installed' photos back in September last year. Unfortunately he also said his project was stalled due to work commitments. You could try sending him a PM asking if he would post the photos - they are sensational. Hope to have my own copy set made up shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...