HybridZ

fast spedometer

zx beast

Hey, so I am thinking my speedo is about 10mph fast... so I was wondering if anyone has a 130mph speedo they are willing to let go for cheap, or if someone else has already put one in, if they have the stock one laying around if they would be willing to let it go for real cheap. Or is there an easy way to fix mine? Thanks. :wink:

If you pull the cluster and remove the speedo look behind the face plate and there's a coil spring you can use to adjust tension on the speedo arm. I used this method to adjust my 130mph speedo using a GPS as reference. got it to within 1-2mph of the GPS at any given speed.

you got to pull the center instrument cluster to get at it. four or six screws steering wheel off. comes out about 2-3 inches then you got to disconnect the electrics. short piece of speedo cable detaches just behind the firewall don't lose the little white plastic part that connects the two cables.

"don't lose the little white plastic part that connects the two cables."

Ahhh, thanks, I always love the priceless tips that can save lots of labor.

Sometimes it's the little things that make the job go fast and is not covered in manuels, olny by experience:)