HybridZ

panasport finish

wingnutooa

i got my Z from a buddy and he has a set of 15X8 panasports on there.

they WERE silver in color but he painted the car with them on there so now some of them are bluish silver with a little caked on brake dust color.

i would like to get them to bare alluminum without harming the metal and powder coat the inside of the wheel black and then clear coat the whole thing.

do these wheels come powder coated or is it a base coat/clear coat finish?

and what would be the best way of removing it.

Does Soda blasting etch the metal like bead blasting would?

i want it to have the machine lines around the rim still like they would brand new.

and i'm sure i could get the overspray off....but i like the black. :)

here's a shot with the stocker ARE Vectors

tn_full_dat3jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

and a shot with the panasports. i got both sets of wheels and tires with the car.

datsun2.jpg

the car currently has a black hood with the blue vents and an emblem now.. the girlfriend bent the other hood during an ice storm....DOH!

and all the emblems and trim peices and battery covers are in place now too.

here's a shot of the hood.

blackhoodox9.jpg

I guess you decided to join the ranks of other I'76 players and buy a Z, huh? You're in good company: Red 5 [GUN], INT SuiCyco, and of course, yours truly, -HF- Wing' AVA. :wink:

Looks good. You should get the Panasports back on there. Best bet is to find a company that refinishes wheels professionally.

lol hey wing.

what happened to the fury?

and dont fret. i didnt ditch domestics :)

tempest1vf6.jpg

and i have equipment to powder coat the wheels myself i just need the old finish off without harming the bare wheel.

and now:

i'm looking at getting a spoiler.

i dont want a huge ricy spoiler just a tastful little one. maybe a fairlady style?

any suggestions.

just get some aircraft thinner and a wire brush and/or white/green scotch brite pad from autozone. let the thinner set for a little and scrub away. may need to do it a couple times. just make sure to cover all exposed skin and get some safety glasses. that stuff is really good at removing paint and maybe some skin if you're not careful