HybridZ

Stock block & head RB26 w/bolt ons?

TurboSouthAfrican

I have a stock block and head R32 motor with a Garrett GT42R, 1000cc RC injectors, Bosch 044 pump, HKS fuel rail, Apexi FC and a few other things but absolutely stock motor. So, with no tune I put down 452 RWHP @ 21psi. I know car is running rich but did not have wideband hooked up at the dyno. Are these no's low for a car with these mods? I know with a good tune I should be able to see 20 to maybe 30 HP but again, I am being told these no's are low with a GT42R..........any input would be appreciated.

Here is bad quality dyno of it.

th_Trackvidsandcars028.jpg

Thanks for input

Larry

Were you running pump gas or race? If its pump, I'm sure you could go up to 25 or so w/o a problem. Race should be 30 for that turbo to really open up and make good #s. I'm sure with more tuning, 500+ on pump would be easily done. DSM guys have been doing it for years on stock engines w/ smaller turbos. Surely the RB can make just as much, if not more, with tuning.

Were you running pump gas or race? If its pump, I'm sure you could go up to 25 or so w/o a problem. Race should be 30 for that turbo to really open up and make good #s. I'm sure with more tuning, 500+ on pump would be easily done. DSM guys have been doing it for years on stock engines w/ smaller turbos. Surely the RB can make just as much, if not more, with tuning.

93 Oct. all the way, I did not want to go past 22 - 23psi, I am scared of oil pump going out, anyone run past 24psi on stock oil pump, that was my biggest concern. I have started putting a dry sump system together but is going to take some time (and money).

93 Oct. all the way, I did not want to go past 22 - 23psi, I am scared of oil pump going out, anyone run past 24psi on stock oil pump, that was my biggest concern. I have started putting a dry sump system together but is going to take some time (and money).

Ya I can understand the oil issue. I think even at 22 or so with a good tune you'd be closer to 500. Since I'm still learning the ins and outs of the RB, what is it about the pump that it can't take higher boost?

RPM is the issue to be worried about when it comes to the oil pump. not boost pressure or HP.

On 93 oct i would make sure you have a good tune. if you dont and you start detonating you will break the stock pistons pretty quick.

You can't really compare a GT-R rear-wheel power check to that of a standard RWD car in terms of expected HP, especially on an inertial roll.

The GT-R has some seriously heavy rotating mass in the transfer as well as the friction generated in the transfer's clutch pack when the fronts aren't turning. It'll behave like the viscous coupling in a mechanical fan. Then there's the oil pump that's main-shaft driven on the transfer; eating power and pumping oil into the clutch pack... All this stuff eats a lot of HP.

Additionally, a GT42 is an awfully big turbo for someone looking for around 600. You'd probably make more power for the same given boost with a smaller turbo.