HybridZ

floor board reenforcement

frosty383

OK, heres the deal I am going to be replacing my stock seat on my 260Z with a set of nice aftermarket leather seats. In order to do this I have to cut out the stock seat supports that run from the tunnel to the door.

These supports I believe to give the floor boards rigidity and once cut the floors will get weak. What would be the best way to weld some cold steel bars to the floors to strenghen up the floors??

We make an OEM style replacement set of seat brackets for 240 and 260s if that helps.

Our site is: http://www.baddogparts.com and click on "products", then scroll down to Seat Brackets.

They're $75/side plus shipping.

I have them in my 240 with Cobra seats.

Whatever you decide to do make sure you can get at the rear bolts/nuts as they are a real pain to tighten.

1" square tubing and some sheet metal.

But why do you have to cut out the old supports? can't you just use some steel plate and mount that onto the seats and then the old rails on to that?

The only real reason I can see to cut out the supports is because you need to replace the whole floor.

1" square tubing and some sheet metal.

But why do you have to cut out the old supports? can't you just use some steel plate and mount that onto the seats and then the old rails on to that?

The only real reason I can see to cut out the supports is because you need to replace the whole floor.

Well heres the thing, the aftermarket seats sit too high on the stock seat supports and when I mocked them up the lumbars on the back rest and sides hit the door and the console. I have a 73 parts car that I cut out the seat supports and I placed the seats on the floor and their perfect. but the floors rigidness was compromized once cut.