HybridZ

new l28e not quite sure what to do with it

Angrec

The 260 has a working engine/tranny in it, and it is the 4speed. Looking at building the l28e right now since its in decent condition and I picked it up for next to nothing.

I would not go right at a tranny swap. I would get the car running the way you want it first. The factory tranny will hold pretty much any NA L motor. There are only 2 weaknesses I have really seen from them.

1. If you are a drag racer or just dump 1st gear eventually you gonna break it. Usually you still need decent power and sticky tires.

2. 5th gear is weak. I blew out my 5th gear after about a dozen 13psi pulls. The turbo 5 spead is much better at this.

I personally am currently running the 4spd and its holding fine.

Its always great to get a thanks for simply dropping a clue off where it was needed :2thumbs: I read here FAR more than I *do* on my Datsun, but at least it serves a purpose in helping others with random bubbles of information at the right time.

Searching for the details should be a breeze, but I would agree that for "the time being" your stock tranny will hold, and it will probably hold alot longer than "the time being." The trans upgrade is (like many MANY other upgrades for the S30 Z) nice but really, not that necessary. Nissan built us one hell of a little car.