HybridZ

Question On 240Z body

While checking out pictures and getting idea for my Z I came across a picture of a 72' with what looks like a aftermarket or custom front end. I was hoping someone might know more about it and help point me in the right direction as I want to do the same thing to mine.

BTW-The Z I just bought it, its going get a de-stroked 350 down to a 302 backed up with a 5 speed and beefed rear end. Once I get it blasted and primered I will be looking to fab up the V8. From what I have read it seems pretty straight forward. Any advice that y'all would like to pass around would be helpful too. I was planning on making my own sub frame connectors but if y'all have a better idea or what has worked that would be helpful too. I don't think the engine will make more than 400 ponies and torque should be, I am guessing, around 350ftlbs. Thanks in adavace,

Doc

Its not that I don't want help or that I don't want to post the pictures. This site will not let me upload them. I will see if I can find the picture online and post a link for y'all.

What I was referring to is photobucket. If I was a teenage girl I would post them to my space.com. I am gearhead, not a PC geek.

Thanks guys

doc

LOL... yeah that's true. I can't comment on the RR kit because I haven't seen one first hand. The owner has a good reputation though.

If you really want a sleeper I'd go with the more common standard nose. Better still get a Datsun 510 and transplant a beefy SBC into that. No one would suspect an innocent-looking little 510 could be a Cobra and Viper killer.

Here's the guy reproducing the G-Nose... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=137494

Well, it has to look cool too. I don't think I will have many issues not being asleep with the project I got lined up. 400hp and 5sp with a small sneeze of laughing gas should be able to take on most of the stock stuff and burn a few ricers while I'm at it.

If you're thinking of adding a G-Nose why not build a full widebody then? You'll surely want some flares to cover the wide tires you'll need to transfer all that kinetic energy to the pavement.

BTW, why destroke the 350???

I am pretty good with glass, I am going to do a slight flare, myself.

Destroke a 350? The bore will end up at 4.030 inches and using a forged 265 crank will make it right around 310 CID. The shorter crank will allow for more rpm, which combined with the close ratio 5 speed will make it a blast to drive. I don't need balls to wall speed. I am build a big block car for that, once I get the Z done. I had a guy that couldn't pay me everything he owed on some work I did and he gave me a short block 502. So I am looking for something to put it in. Maybe a late model Nova or Malibu. Possiblely a 55 or 57 shoebox, those are getting very hard to come by these days.

Anyway, the idea on the destroke comes from the 1st gen Z28 cars. Just carry the theme over to the 240Z to make a 240Z28. I will put the Z28 bagdes on it and rid the Datsun bagdes.

doc

Send a PM to 280Zforce about the Gnose kit, he might be able to hook you up.

Thanks a bunch. I am not looking to buy one just yet. Once I get it ripped apart I know I going to out 650 for a sand blast and then about 2500-3500 in paint and undercoating. The block is at the machine shop and I am not sure what the cost is going to be yet to get my 350 out. Gary says he can get the heads I want for next to nothing and he will port and polish them because of all the work I have referred to him. Nice guy. I still have to find a used 5 speed.

I got another question for you guys: when y'all are doing the V8 swap, what rear end are y'all using? I heard the stockers can handle the added power but I am going to beat the dog piss out of this thing, whats the point in having something you aren't going to beat on? lol.